Monday, December 28, 2009

Twas the night before Christmas...

Twas the night before Christmas and,
What thoughts did it bring?
My mind said to me,
Why not have a big fling?

There were pies in the oven,
Sugared nuts in the jar.
There were snacks for the party,
And booze in the bar.

No! I'll resist the temptation,
I will keep a strong head.
I'll not eat a bite!
And I climbed into bed.

When out of my stomach,
There came such a roar,
I sprang from the bed,
Landing flat on the floor.

Away to the kitchen
I flew like a flash.
Tore open the fridge,
To do something RASH!

A light from within,
Gave off such a glow
To the objects of food,
Laid on trays there below.

I was going to grab
An odd goodie or two
When into my mind
Came my promise to you.

Before I could have
Any snack food to eat
I must put on my coat
And get out on my feet.

I got into my coat,
My warm gloves and shoes
Determined to walk
For the goodies I'd choose.

The moon on the breast
Of the new-fallen snow
And on houses and trees
Gave a sparkle and glow.

As I walked down the street
My mind did recall
The words that we'd spoken
At the Weight Watchers hall.

Of meetings through which
I ambitiously sat
For words of encouragement
To help shed this "fluff".

I spoke not a word
When my walk was done.
I felt so renewed.
I knew I had won.

I walked past the kitchen
Without turning my head.
I smiled in the mirror
As I headed for bed.

And I said to myself
As I turned out the light
"With my mind, will and body,
I have fought the good fight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment